At a big 176 pages, Galah Issue 08 is full of beautiful images, gardens, recipes and feel-good tales of community to be gifted, read, revisited and shared with loved ones over the summer holidays.
Here’s a sneak peek of what you’ll find in Issue 08 where we:
- Open the door to Australia's finest regional architecture
- Talk history and horticulture with seventh-generation gardeners.
- Solve the regional housing crisis - one idea at a time
- Take the plunge with underwater art photographer Tamara Dean
- Tackle the critical issue of food security with Gabrielle Chan
- Do the pipi dance at dawn with shellfish harvesters
- Remember the indomitable novelist Miles Franklin
- Watch Kakadu sculptors conjure a cockatoo from the bush
- Play houses with a dollhouse miniaturist
- Witness the energy of Iwantja artists in central Australia
- Ice the drinks, cook the chook and come for lunch